Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Aurora, Colorado

Today’s episode is a short one. No fan fare, no jokes, no innuendos. Today I’m not feeling it. I could have faked it, written a little piece about why I think it’s odd nobody ever questions how it is even possible for three little pigs to build houses out sticks, straw and bricks with nothing but hooves, they simply would not have the dexterity to achieve such high standards of quality housing, especially the little swine fucker that used bricks and mortar, and don’t even get me started on the three blind mice; of course they are running, she cut off their tails with a carving knife. My question is, why do they have to be blind in the nursery rhyme? That’s just cruel.
I contemplated not even bloggin’ today, alas, I stand by my convictions and promise to do one a day. I suppose it was several factors that brought down my mood this morning. I woke up feeling quite fine, I took Oliver for a walk and we met a nice elderly couple over at the park, he even got a kind petting from a pair of friendly school kids, which always make us both happy.
What actually brought my mood down was reading an article that a friend of mine had shared on Facebook. It was an open letter from Jason Alexander (TV’s George Costanza from Seinfeld) posted on twitlonger.com explaining his sorrow and sympathies for the victims of the Aurora, Colorado massacre a few days ago. Mr Alexander didn’t just express his genuine sadness; he went into his feelings and beliefs about gun control in the US. I won’t reiterate what has already been said, but I will share the article as I also feel something needs to be done to stop these senseless acts of pure evil. Such a heinous crime defies all logic.
Today my thoughts are with those who lost loved ones in Aurora.
I’ll come back tomorrow with some witty banter no doubt about some useless factoid or asinine pop culture reference, but today, I can’t think of anything that makes me want to write that silly nonsense.

Until next time,
-Chris
Oliver says 'ALL GUNS ARE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION'

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Unexpected. Moving. I too agree.. RIP

    Glad you kept your promise to do one a day.

    ReplyDelete