Monday, July 9, 2012


Hello and welcome to the inaugural Bloggin’ with Chris. One of many blogs you’ll encounter over the coming days, weeks and years.
A little bit about myself to begin with I suppose. I’m a 30 year old Australian man working as a Corporate Security Officer for a multi-national corporation, who shall remain nameless (not for legal reasons, more so for my own integrity). I come from a large and mostly odd family, to which I’ll go into at another time. I have recently found myself single after a ten year relationship. I won’t lie; it’s been difficult to say the least. Becoming single after so many years being in couplehood, well, it’s very difficult to adjust yourself to living as a singularity. Cooking for one, shopping for one, sleeping alone, eating alone, showering alone and what have you. I am lucky though, the end of the relationship yielded me two things, one, a lesson learnt and two, a pug called Oliver. The lesson learnt isn’t a scornful remark to the ex love of my life, far from it actually. I learnt a lot about myself after the breakup; it made me the man I am today. I got to learn all about me and I got the chance to re-evaluate my life and dissect all the parts that weren’t working, not only in the relationship but in me. It’s liberating. I’m not saying that you should all go out and read the book ‘Eat, Prey, Love’ and separate from your life partners, I’m just saying that sometimes you can find out who you are when you’re a functioning, single entity. That being said, I still love this girl, of course I do. We were together for ten years, she is my best friend.
Now, the second positive from the breakup, Oliver. Oliver is my second best friend. He comes with me everywhere and even has his own Facebook profile. Check him out, Oliver Morris (He is the only one with a pug profile picture). Basically, he rocks.
Now, what am I doing this for? Why have I only now started to get into this blogging craze? Again, two reasons, reason numero uno, I have a lot of spare time on my hands. Admittedly time that could be better spent doing more productive things like watching ‘The Big Bang Theory’ or trying to figure out just what exactly is the Higgs Boson. Reason the second, I want to introduce myself to the world, but not in a ‘no guts, no glory’ way like Martin Bryant or the kid from the Virginia Tech massacre. This is more like sliding in the back door of the World Wide Web, sneaking around the place and having a good ol’ nosey about before I settle in.
So, sit back and relax. I’ll be on here most days just talking about the random stuff that crosses my mind. Hopefully it will be short and sweet enough for you to enjoy on the toilet from your smart phone.  
Until next time,
-Chris

Oliver says 'WELCOME' to our blog


4 comments:

  1. Super awesome! Well worded and intriguing. Can't wait for the next blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much kind sir. Indeed stay tuned for more pearls of wisdom, antics from Oliver and the latest in news from around the globe. Make a cup of tea and enjoy!

      Delete
    2. I enjoy reading your blogs over lunch at my desk. Perfect interlude!

      Delete
  2. Very honest and witty Chris, looking forward to reading more ;)

    ReplyDelete