Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Naked Fears

I was at the doctors the other day and, as you do, I reached over and grabbed the nearest magazine from the side table. Turns out to be an issue of Cosmopolitan from September 2001, which isn’t a problem, just means the celebrity gossip is a little outdated, but the sealed section is the only thing I care about from those girly magazines anyway. Naturally, the perforated seal had been broken and many eyes had ogled at the pictures of bare breasted women and the buttocks of, what appeared to be, a man in his late 20’s. This issues sealed section was titled ‘Who is more afraid of their naked body, him or her?’ instantly my ears pricked up. What a great question! I for one know I am against all forms of public nudity when it comes to my own flesh. I could never go to a nudist colony or beach, I live in fear of a doctor asking me to take my pants off and even showering in someone else’s house makes my blood run cold. Call me an introvert, but, I only let certain people on this planet see me naked, one of them is Oliver (That’s my dog if you haven’t been following these blogs) and another individual who shall remain nameless to protect them from the barrage of questions that would come their way.
I recently joined a gym for the first time in my life, I had never stepped foot in one prior to joining, so you can imagine my shock when I used the change rooms for the first time. I saw penis after penis, and it seems that these men have no fear. They walk around with pride and self assurance, basically only missing a little blue ribbon hanging from their testicles. The complete opposite to me, the fear must permeate from my pores. 
Do women act this way in the gym? Do they walk around with pride and enjoy showing off what God gave them? Or are there women out there like me, reclusive and shy?  I guess I’ll never know.
So, the article was explaining how women have extreme concerns and worries in the bedroom when they get naked in front of a man. ‘Do my breasts look good?’ ‘Can he see my cellulite?’ ‘Does my ass look huge in this light?’ ‘Did I shave my legs?’ All these concerns prevent them from enjoying the carnal act. However, the article went on to question, maybe men have these same issues in the boudoir. ‘I don’t have a six pack’ ‘Is my back too hairy?’ ‘What if I can’t perform?’ So essentially we now have two naked people standing in front of each other petrified. Is there a way around this sexually awkward situation? Do you suffer from nudity stress? Are you truly comfortable in your own skin, enough to flaunt it in the bedroom?

~INTERMISSION~

To digress just slightly away from the nudity issue and move onto underwear, I have a simple question for women who wear g-strings (Thongs for our Red, White and Blue counterparts) are they really comfortable? I have never actually worn one myself, so I can’t be too judgmental. However, the premise of the g-string has always made me squirm (Not to look at of course, great to look at, I mean to wear). So, I ask the question, are you wearing the erotic underwear solely to titillate your partner or do you actually enjoy the comfort of your floss like friend? I’m not ashamed to admit that I wear boxer shorts, cotton not silk. I can assure all of you that they are comfortable, and above all else, respectable. Tell me readers; is underwear for comfort or erotic appeal? Do you buy your undergarments based on who will be viewing them? Does being single sway your decision in lingerie shopping? Comment below, but only if you’re extroverted enough to come clean.

Until next time,
-Chris

Oliver says 'BE LIKE ME, EMBRACE NUDITY'

4 comments:

  1. Well this is my sort of article. I've recently moved into a high rise building with multiple other high rise buildings surrounding it, quite close as well. I parade nude around my unit which has floor to ceiling windows, with not a care in the world! My partner and I have come from a house, where no one can see in. He used to love sitting nude going about his daily activities around the house, however now he has to ensure the blinds are down and the lights are low. I have no problem with my nudity except recently when I've gained some weight :( now I'm slighty conscious of it but I know my partner is the only one who sees me, so it's not too bad.
    Regards to the G-String.. Yes, I have a few. I wear them every now and then. Yes they are comfortable. Yes I always think if my partner would like the underwear before I purchase.
    Hopefully you'll get some more responses and more insights from women.
    BTW, the female change room at the gym is quite the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up in regards to the female change rooms, not sure why, but it gives me some comfort in knowing it's the same as us men. You're partner sounds like a lucky man! Just try and keep those blinds closed, small children may be living next door ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you get a sense of comfort with that knowledge. He's a very lucky man, he's lucky enough that I keep reminding him of this! Since I wrote these comments, I've got an update... The other night I was getting ready to go to the gym downstairs, when I gave my partner a hug on the couch and he advised me to look at the building in front of us, there were two seperate lots of people looking at us! Maybe it was the level below, but I'm sure it was us! One lot had 3 people sitting on the bed looking out the window at us, considering the beach is on the other side of the building, I don't think there's much else to look at.. The next night, a similar thing happened.. I've since become a bit more aware.... :l

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'd definitely be keeping your wits about you living in an apartment like yours!

    ReplyDelete