The Email
Today’s blog is going to be short. For two reasons.
1) I have a hangover that Charlie Sheen would be proud of.
2) I got to work this morning, opened up my emails and was instantly assaulted by a co-worker.
I won’t go into the boring details about the email...
Actually, fuck it, yes I will....I’ll even post it up.
Hi XXXXX,
Apparently in my absence over the last few days, couriers have been arriving at our reception area and instead of calling XXXXXX on the phone provided so she can attend, they have been going up to Level X where Chris is signing for them. He is then emailing employees directly to go and collect them. Chris should be sending couriers back down to Level X to call XXXXXX, call XXXXXX himself, or if he must sign for something (which he has been told not to on many occasions), then he should definitely not be contacting staff himself. As a result my shipping information and appropriate tracking is incomplete, which is unacceptable (especially given the packages that disappeared and the lack of shipping records that existed prior to my arrival here). Both XXXXXX and myself have asked Chris on many occasions not to sign for packages, or organize couriers for staff, or to deal with any other Facilities matters. This seems to have no effect.
As you know I have had to remove my printer stock from the locked room adjacent to Security as Chris continued to remove stock to fill printers and not let Facilities know. This was resulting in us being unable to keep accurate stock records and running out of stock, as he was ‘forgetting to tell us’.
I also notice that Chris continues to wear casual sneakers and no tie and the reception area is a mess this morning.
We appreciate Chris’ help and the knowledge he brings with him of the site, and understand that he is bored and has nothing to do. However he continues to assume a Facilities role with staff which is inappropriate. Are you able to assist with these matters?
Many thanks,
Kind Regards,
XXXXX
My shoes! She cares about the shoes I wear...I sit behind a desk. Children are being born with AIDS in Africa and she thinks my Vans are an issue. Bizarre.
Well, I can’t spend too much time talking about and dissecting this childish email. I need to start looking for another job.
Also, I’ll explain the hangover tomorrow.
Until next time,
-Chris
![]() |
| Oliver says 'WHOSE MESSING WITH MY DAD?' |

Gee whiz.. sounds like somebody doesn't appreciate your help!! Stepping above and beyond, seems like it doesn't always help.. My favourite is in the last paragraph '...understand that he is bored and has nothing to do..' hahaha
ReplyDeleteBTW go and get yourself a Aussie Pizza House pizza and a cheeky.. sounds like a good lunch break and you obviously need it!!